28 August 2014

Okean Elzy: 'Дівчина (з іншого життя) - Divtchina z'ivoho jittia' - English translation

Are you looking for an English translation of the song 'Дівчина (з іншого життя) - Divtchina z'ivoho jittia' by Okean Elzy? Here it is! :)


Okean Elzy, English translation, The girl (of another life), photo collage
© AleXa - Okean of Emotions


The girl (of another life)
Дівчина (з іншого життя)

She is unlike any other ;
When she goes to bed, she now remains all alone...
But there's a lot to see in her eyes !

For a long time, there is much in her soul ;
She no longer wished to play in the bad movie of her life…
The girl of another life...

Chorus

I was waiting for you, waiting for you…
I was looking for you, looking for you…
And I found you!
I comforted you of your past,
Giving you mine in return
Again and again…

She doesn't live in an exotic city ;
There is no poetry in her letters…
But there's something special in each one of her words!

Maybe she has a singular first name…
Maybe she is not exactly the one I'm looking for…
The girl of another life…

Chorus
I was waiting for you, waiting for you…
I was looking for you, looking for you…
And I found you!
And all these songs I sang for you...
When I'm by your side, my soul ascends
Again and again…


Songwriter: Svyatoslav Vakarchuk (Okean Elzy) / Translation: AleXa / Okean of Emotions
Дівчина (з іншого життя) - Divtchina z'ivoho jittia / Album: Суперсиметрія (Supersymetriya) - © 2003.
Any comment on how to improve this translation is welcome!

Inspirational words... and nice melody! Here is my favourite version of this beautiful song:
  

More videos are available here

For French translation, click here


Some would say that this is an autobiographical text... But when you are a writer, it's already a lot of work to express your own feelings... So why on earth should we speak of those of others! ;-)

All I can say is that Svyatoslav Vakarchuk had this experience (as all of us probably did!): he was in love with a woman who was in relationship with another man ; but it was an unhappy marriage... and, in fact, 'The girl of another life' was much in love with Svyatoslav! Oh, yes... Love is a mystery!
And do you know how it ended?...

It did not end! Everything changed for 'The girl of another life' and she is in Slava's life... since 15 years! 

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk & Lyalya Fonareva, in the early 2000s


They are a perfectly matched couple, aren't they? ;-)

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk & Lyalya Fonareva, Lviv Jazz Festival 2013

Love inspires all, love does everything and it changes everything!

AleXa