06 November 2014

Okean Elzy: '911' - Videos

'911' is an "experimental song", suggested by Okean Elzy's producer. Frankly speaking, it clearly sounds different from what Vakarchuk is used to compose... but it is so nice!


I remember that I spent hours translating the lyrics into French... :) There is always many ideas, feelings & mental images that could not be translated easily from a language to another. But this time, it was quite challenging... Anyway, I remember it as a very good experience!

Chorus says:
"I'm not alone... and neither are you!
How many people for so many vehicles, so lonely on this road!?
You're not alone... and neither am I!
My phone number?... 911!"


911 is the emergency telephone number for first aid in North America. This is also the name of a clothing brand / fashion house created by the Ukrainian stylist Lyalya Fonareva, Svyatoslav Vakarchuk's companion! :)

Well... I know what I have to do now: 
  1. To translate the lyrics of the song into English...
  2. To call Svyatoslav next time I have a bad day! :)



'911' - Official video




'911' - 'Dolce Vita' Tour - Kiev, 03 June 2010




'911' - Acoustic session - 2003




'911' - Ukraine Independence Day - Lviv, 24 August 2014