07 December 2015

Okean Elzy: "Мить - Myt - The Moment" Official video

Okean Elzy released the official video of their new song "Мить - Myt - The Moment" last Friday...


Okean Elzy - 2015
Photogr. Unkn.


'Мить - Myt - The Moment' - Svyatoslav Vakarchuk

"I rarely explain how I write my songs... But 'The Moment' is a special song... I feel the weight of its history… maybe more than I can feel the words themselves…

February 2015... Terrible news are coming from Eastern Ukraine: a huge number of people are killed or injured. The life of each of them changed dramatically. It is hard to imagine what a person experiences during wartime, what someone who is seriously injured is thinking of when he realizes that these might be the last moments of his life... I could not calm down until I wrote this song...

I wrote it in a few minutes, high on the emotion. I picked up my guitar: melody and words came easily to my mind and, within 15 minutes, it was completed... almost completed. I was missing a few words for a short but important "moment" and I could not find them... It was the last line of the song! I felt that I had lots more to say...

In late May, I visited a hospital. Before entering in a room, the doctor warned me that the guy I would meet had been injured during a battle and and that he miraculously survived after he endured inhumane conditions. A shrapnel ripped off his hand... And with this very serious injury he spent four(!) days in the freezing cold. All alone. All the other soldiers were killed or they died of the cold. Then, doctors had to amputate both his frostbitten feet... but he survived!

I was worried before meeting him, but only for a while, until I came into the room: I saw a confident and smiling man. He shared with me his optimism, his plans for the future and a kind of incredible spirit. In his soul, it was spring! And he was sharing it with the whole world! That evening, I worked on the song again and wrote the last line... the one that was missing until then.

You can not lose hope. You can not give up until the last moment. Maybe this last moment will bring spring... A spring which will be the beginning of a new life. A spring that you would like to share with the whole world."






Please, read the English translation of this song here.


Okean Elzy - « Мить - The Moment » is available on:


They worked on the song:
Words & music - Svyatoslav Vakarchuk
Producer - Svyatoslav Vakarchuk, Vitaliy Telezin, Vladimir Opsenica

Key string arrangements - Milos Jelic
Guitar - Vladimir Opsenica

Drums - Denis Glinin
Bass - Denis Dudko
Cello - Yuri Pohoretskyy
Violin - Serhiy Okhrymchuk
Duduk - Armen Kostandyan
 

Recorded with the National Chamber Ensemble "Kyiv Soloists" - Conductor: Milos Jelic

Recording, mixing - Vitali Telezin (in 211 and BZZ studios)
Mastering - Gateway Mastering Studios; Mastering engineer: Bob Ludwig (USA)


They worked on the video:
Production - VGNC NY
Director -
Misha Korotyeyev | Oleksiy Sobolyev
Operator - Misha Korotyeyev | Oleksiy Sobolyev

Executive Producer -
Anna Sobolyeva
Producer - Anna Vladimersʹka 

Art Director - Anton Kolisnyk

Source: Okean Elzy Official